Monday, February 01, 2010

Saints and Holy Days Magnet Box

I have been loving making our magnets and using them on the magnetic calendar to remember various feast days throughout the liturgical year. What I wasn't loving was the storage... I had little plastic baggies for each month, and they seemed bulky and just not easy to organize. So I came up with this idea...

I bought a pill box from the pharmacy section in Wal-Mart... this one has 14 compartments, and I needed one with 12... this is as close as you can get. I also got out some cardstock and my paper trimmer, a marker, and some adhesive corners for scrapbooking (double-sided tape would work here as well).

The pill box is labeled already to show the days and times which the medicines are supposed to be taken... so I stuck the adhesive tabs onto each one and then put a cardstock label on top, so now each compartment lid is labeled with one of the twelve months of the year. I can stack each month's magnets inside in order... they are well-organized and safe in this sturdy box!

Caroline was excited... the compartment lids are fun to open... press the little purple tab part, and they pop open! I even sat around playing with them for a few minutes, ha ha!

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

This is super awesome! Thanks for helping me with so many ideas!