Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

On Sunday, the girls gave Daddy cards and a "handmade" present (see last photo below).

This is the picture Caroline drew of Daddy inside his card... when he asked her what all the lines were on his arms and legs, she said, "That's because you have hair on your arms and legs." Ha ha!

Chris had to work Sunday afternoon, so we used that time to make his present: the girls' handprints which I then arranged in a cross shape and put a prayer for fathers underneath it. I couldn't come up with a great gift idea for them to make, but I knew I wanted to do handprints. While thinking about it, I came up with the cross idea. Hopefully it looks enough like a cross, and the prayer being there might help people to recognize it as such:

Hope all the dads out there had a nice day! How blessed our children are to have fathers present in their lives!

No comments: