Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Daybook for June 30, 2009

Outside my window... bright and sunny here at 6:30 pm. Hot, but not unbearably so like it was a week or two ago.

I am thinking... about all the things on my to-do list. I decided to try something new: keeping a running to-do list saved as a Word doc on my desktop. I can look at it daily and delete or add things as necessary.

I am thankful... that even though Cecilia is getting so big, she's still my cuddly baby.

Learning at home... we have been watching things grow in our Mary Garden. I will do an update post on it at some point...

From the kitchen... I smell the bread finishing up in the bread machine. We're having it with leftovers from the deep freeze tonight. We made carrot muffins yesterday and yogurt pops today with the organic strawberries I found at TJ's for just $3.00. Later this week: hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill for the 4th, of course!

I am reading... Beyond the Birds and the Bees by Greg Popcak. And various blogs and other online stuff, of course ;)

To live the liturgy... I haven't been inspired with much here lately... we have some feasts of apostles this week, so maybe we can come up with something for those... I am thinking of Caroline's nameday feastday coming up in a month... St. Anne (her middle name is Rhiannon - is that a stretch??). I am going to order some holy cards to display on the table and add to the collection each year.

I am creating... piles of Clinique cosmetics to sell on eBay. I just need to get motivated to create all the listings!

Around the house... I have been organizing the top of the guest room closet... very, very slowly. Painfully slowly. I have been storing about 15 or so shoe boxes there, all full of travel brochures. I collected them through high school and college. I am sure my husband is thrilled that I am going to cull the stash. I think I will Freecycle them! For those who knew me in high school/college, I bet you cannot believe I am parting with (some of) my brochures! Don't worry, I am keeping the napkins and plastic bag collection! ;)

I am hearing... the girls finishing up their bath before dinner.

One of my favorite things... Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar... even in this heat!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Nothing planned. We might make a trip to the lake to go swimming, even though that is quite an undertaking to do with only one adult. I am thinking we should try to get at least a couple lake days in this summer, though.

A picture thought I am sharing...

Gabby, one of my parents' cats, ponders her shadow

No comments: