Sunday, July 12, 2009

Daybook for July 12, 2009

Outside my window... it's dark. We had a nice thunderstorm roll through here at the girls' bedtime, but both still drifted off to sleep peacefully, Caroline with me and Cecilia with Chris.

I am thinking... about that weird "letter" I got from the White House!

I am thankful... for the chance to go to lunch with a friend tomorrow after our La Leche League meeting, and then on to the outlet mall, where I haven't been in quite awhile... gee, it's mid-July, so I bet they'll have summer clothes on clearance, right? ;)

Learning at home... Caroline has gotten so good at folding the cloth diapers and wipes. the other morning, she folded about a third of them on her own, unprompted, and then later said, "Look, Mommy! I'm helping our family run smoothly!" :)

From the kitchen... beef bourginionne (no, I have no idea how to actually spell that!) on Tuesday, maybe some cheesy casserole bread along with it... salmon on Friday. Kroger has wild-caught salmon at this time of the year, and for a nice price!

I am reading... several online articles about the Continuum Concept by Jean Liedloff, and other things that have the wheels spinning in my head for a post about the differences between attachment parenting and child-centeredness and why the two don't necessarily mesh.

To live the liturgy... Our Lady of Mount Carmel's feast day is this week, so maybe some reading up on the brown scapular is in order. The holy cards I ordered have arrived and will be saved for the last week in the month.

I am creating... a wooden "priest" made from dowel rods and vestments for him to wear. Caroline and Cecilia will be able to change the vestments according to the liturgical color each day. Got the idea here and here.

Around the house... the usual routine this week... laundry, vacuuming, cleaning sinks...

I am hearing... Chris listening to something on his computer.

One of my favorite things... getting ideas for living the liturgical year from websites and books!

A few plans for the rest of the week... La Leche League meeting tomorrow followed by lunch and outlet mall. That's enough plans to cover us for the whole week, don't you think? We are also having Caroline's hero, our seminarian, over for dinner on Tuesday. He won't be at our church much longer! :( And sometime before the end of the week, I need to get to the library to turn in the summer reading form so we can get our free ticket to the Creative Discovery Museum and Chick-fil-a kid's meal coupon.

A picture thought I am sharing...

Okay, so two picture thoughts... Caroline's chalk drawing on the driveway of kids on a playground, and Cecilia for one of the five seconds she stayed in the kiddie pool.

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

What an awesome idea about the wooden priest. I love it!

Caroline's chalk drawing is really awesome, especially for a child so young! It's great you took a photo of it. Her comment about helping the house run smoothly is just too precious. :-)

Cecelia is looking like a little girl more than a baby now. How fast they grow!