Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Arts and Crafts with Caroline

This is obviously more "craft" than "art." Caroline saw a picture of a tiger on a pad of construction paper and asked about it. I told her it was just to show ideas of things you could make using construction paper. So she said she wanted to make a tiger. I thought I'd cut out different shapes for various body parts and let her assemble it however she wanted. I showed her how the body and head fit together, and then after that, she was on her own. I thought it was interesting how she put one ear on the bottom and one on top. I just told her which body part each piece was. She assembled it with a gluestick. There were lots more stripes she could have used, but having the attention span of a three year old, she stopped after four. I figured it was a good exercise in spatial awareness as well as fine motor skills.

No comments: