Sunday, November 15, 2009

Circle Time Plans for November

Circle Time Plans ~ November


Gathering Song(s): Mr. Sun

Finger Plays:

  • Ten Little Indians
  • I Have a Turkey
  • Little Pilgrim
  • Hello, Mr. Turkey
  • I’m an Acorn

Calendar:

  • Saint of the Day magnet
  • Vestments on priest
  • Days of the Week/Months of the Year song

Seasonal Hymn:

Now Thank We All Our God


I Have a Turkey

I have a turkey, big and fat. (Make a fist with one hand-thumb out for turkey's head)
He spreads his tail and walks like that. (Attach "tail" by spreading Out fingers of other hand and join together)
His daily corn he would not miss. (Poke with thumb at floor)
And when he talks, it sounds like this: Gobble Gobble Gobble

Little Pilgrim

Sung to: "Twinkle Twinkle "

Little Pilgrim dressed in gray
on that first Thanksgiving Day.
Little Indian dressed in brown,
Came to visit Plymouth Town,
They both came to eat and pray
on that first Thanksgiving Day.

Hello Mr. Turkey

Sung to: "If You're Happy and You Know It"

Hello, Mr. Turkey how are you?
Hello, Mr. Turkey, how are you?
His feet go wobble, wobble
And his head goes Gobble, Gobble.
Hello, Mr. Turkey, how are you?

I’m an Acorn

I'm an acorn, small and round. (Kids make a little "o" with hands)
Lying on the cold, cold ground. (Fold hands and put beside head as if sleeping)
Everybody steps on me. (stomp foot)
That is why I'm cracked you see. (shrug)
I'm a nut. cluck, cluck (the "cluck cluck is actually a clicking with your mouth and you "knock" on your head)
I'm a nut. cluck, cluck
I'm an acorn nut. cluck, cluck

No comments: