Saturday, September 05, 2009

Our September Family Altar

I am still not sure that I want to call it a family altar... Liturgical display? Monthly prayer corner? Hmmm...

Anyway, for September, we have some holy cards for saints whose feast days fall this month: Blessed Mother Theresa (technically not yet a saint), Saint Pio, and St. Michael the Archangel (don't ask me how he is both a saint and an archangel - still haven't figured that one out myself. if you know, please do share!). We also have a card of the Seven Sorrows of Mary, which is this month's dedication (and the feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows falls on the 15th). We have a cross hanging up for the Feast of the Triumph of the Cross. Our priest and vocations prayers are still there as a reminder of the Year of the Priest. I also have out a Guardian Angel candle... the feast of the guardian Angels isn't until October 2, but I just found this candle today at Wal-Mart and set it out already...

No comments: