Thursday, February 26, 2015

Trip to Blue Ridge

Thought I'd share a few photos from the trip we took to Blue Ridge with friends that I mentioned in the last post.  We had six adults and 14 kids ages 1-10 at our friends' cabin for the weekend.  Here are several of them roasting marshmallows.  Lots of them had given up sweets for Lent, but this was Saturday evening after the vigil Mass that we attended, so they were on their Sunday freebie day at that point.  Apparently you don't have to abstain from whatever you've given up on Sundays during Lent... nobody ever told me that when I was a kid!  So I tend to just give something up throughout Lent including the Sundays.  This year for me: casual Facebook use and hot chocolate.  The hot chocolate is a huge sacrifice for me, let me tell you.





Lucy and Rachel, partners in crime.  These two are about 3 months apart in age and used to regard each other with suspicion, but lately they have become buddies.




An aerial shot taken from the stairs of several people watching a movie one evening




Some of the grown ups on the porch




Me with the handsome hubby

Group shot of all the kids...  If Lucy and Rachel look less than enthusiastic about this, it's because they are.  Both were dropped into the shot by their dads on the count of three for the photo because both were refusing to participate.  Antisocial three year olds!

No comments: